Friday, October 31, 2008

Finding My Purpose

Ok, so ever since the hubby has been home we have been trying to decide on what to do for a devotional. Well, after everything that happened this past year I have figured out that I don't know what I want out of life...I used to think that my life was all about growing up getting married and having kids. I never really thought much about what I was going to do for a career or what God wanted for my life. Well after I lost my son I guess I realized just how fragile life is and that I don't care as much as I thought I did about material things and I care more about my relationships. Not everyone gets the choice, but God has given me the chance to be able to do as I choose. My husband makes enough for us to "get by" on so that I can search for my purpose.

All my life my parents have tried to instill a good work ethic into me but what for? So I can work my life away and not enjoy it...all so I can have stuff that won't go with me when I die. I don't think that this is for everyone but I truely don't think that God made me to be a teacher or to work at every dead end job I can get all to sufficate my desires to be a wonderful wife and mother.

Now if you are wondering how I am going to be a mother if my son isn't here...my husband and I are looking into fostering and possibly adopting along with trying to get pregnant with another baby. But I just feel as though God is driving me away from a career and more towards doing "civil service volunteer jobs".

SOOOOOO, what to do.... This is my first post of several about this I am sure...as I am only on chapter 3 of a 40 chapter book I am sure some of you have heard of... The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. Really if you are even remotely as confused as I am read it it is worth it!!!

No comments: